Flight Simulator Repaint
CLEARANCE ITEM May have imperfect packaging but comes with a full 12 month warranty*
To expand their fleet of aircraft, many Flight Simulator users have asked for a program to repaint their planes.
From Excalibur's range of flight simulator add-ons, Flight Simulator Repaint is a great way to change the look of your aircraft. For example, you can change the color of a silver plane to a bright green one; convert Low & Slow Airlines to Stealth Airways or add a touch of red to the tires.
To the rescue are Jorge Santoro and Marco Paulo. Their new program makes it absolutely simple to change the look of Flight Simulator aircraft.
FS Repaint is the simplest way yet to change the visual appearance of your aircraft. You can easily change the look of your aircraft in a few easy steps:
- Load an existing aircraft
- Change the paint scheme (modify the textures)
- View the modifications immediately in 3D view
- Save the repainted aircraft
- Fly your new aircraft
Start Repaint and you'll see all of the Models and Variations from your Flight Simulator folder conveniently displayed on the Aircraft tab.
Repaint can be used to repaint a vast majority of the aircraft that are now available for FS2004 and FS2002 including the stock Microsoft aircraft:
- To repaint an aircraft choose the Variation name.
- Note: FS Repaint may not be able to repaint certain "encrypted" or highly modified aircraft.
- The selected aircraft is displayed in vivid 3D color on your screen - it looks almost identical to how it appears in Flight Simulator.
- Use the mouse to turn and view the aircraft from all sides. You can have 1, 2, or 4 simultaneous views. On the left side of the window are the textures. A texture is a portion of the paint that is applied to various sections of the aircraft.
- To repaint the aircraft, you'll edit (change) one or more of the textures.
- To show you how Repaint works, we've used an exaggerated green tail fin as an example.
- Here we've zoomed in to show you some of this aircraft's textures.
- The Textures tab to the left shows four of this aircraft's 17 textures.
- You can easily see the green textures that are applied to the vertical stabilizers of this F/A-18.
- Let's make a simple change to the tail fin of this aircraft.
- To edit the green texture, double-click on it.
- Repaint's integrated editor is a feature-filled paint program in its own right. It has all of the tools to enhance and modify your repaints.
- Here we've used the paint fill tool to change the paint scheme on the texture. We've changed the color of the edging of the one of the vertical stabilizers from black to red. Instantly, Repaint displays the repainted portion of the texture directly on the 3D model of the aircraft in the right hand window. There's no guessing as to how the repaint will look.
- You'll save lots of time time since you see the changes without having to run Flight Simulator after each modification.
|Required Software||Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002 / 2004|
|Operating System||Windows XP(SP3) / Vista / 7|
|Processor||Intel 2 GHz or greater|
|Memory||1 GB system memory|
|Graphics||Dedicated graphics card with 64 MB memory|
|Hard Drive||200 MB available space|
* This does not affect your statutory rights