Available Versions - | PC Download
Seven years of development and planning preceded the maiden flight of the Tornado fighter jet in 1974 and the aircraft was the product of a combined international effort between Great Britain, Italy and Germany.
This all round fighter jet is deployed in many various military roles: close air support, long range interceptor, ground support, air superiority, short range interception , naval missions, reconnaissance and training.
Altogether almost 1000 aircraft have been manufactured and in some cases the versions vary from each other quite considerably. The aircraft was also sold to other air forces around the world including Saudi Arabia.
The Tornado is equipped with a number of special features which include variable geometry swing wings and a remarkable low flight capability. With the help of Terrain Following Radar (TFR) the pilot is able to whizz above the tree tops at heights as low as 200 ft.
Its weaponry is just as versatile as the aircraft itself is and the Tornado can be armed with air to air missiles, cruise missiles, bombs and mines. One of its particular specialities is the advanced reconnaissance sensor that is often used in civilian missions to help in the search for missing persons.
- Detailed exterior and interior including a fully animated virtual cockpit
- High resolution textures with reflective surfaces
- Comprehensive lighting (i.e. navigation landing lights)
- Numerous animations (i. e. access hatch, retractable undercarriage with shock absorber animation)
- Realistic flight dynamics
- Formation flight model with three Tornados
- Refuelling probe for air to air refuelling
- Completely functioning autopilot
- Functioning flight navigation avionics
- Engine animations with reverse thrust and afterburners
- Comes in the following liveries:
German, British, Italian and Saudi Arabian air forces.
|Required Software||Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 / X|
|Operating System||Windows XP(SP3) / Vista / 7|
|Processor||Intel 2 GHz or greater|
|Memory||1 GB system memory|
|Graphics||Dedicated graphics card with 256 MB memory|
|Hard Drive||1.2 GB available space|
|Service Pack 1||CLICK HERE|