SCS Software recently released an amazing update to Euro Truck Simulator 2 which among many things, adds brand new traffic AI and map improvements. However there’s also an incredibly interesting addition which is Oculus Rift support. We can say with one hundred percent certainty that Oculus Rift + steering wheel + pedals = the ultimate virtual reality experience. If you’re lucky enough to be in possession of this VR tech, let us know what you think.
For a look at what the latest patch includes, one of the beta testers created a very impressive comparison video to show off the improved traffic AI
A full list of the improvements in this massive update include:
• Brand new traffic AI system;
• Oculus Rift support (with the -oculus launch option – this will be improved in the future), now also in the retail version;
• Early support for gamepad-controlled mouse cursor;
• Improved handling of automatic gearbox (more gears, interaction with cruise control);
• Improved compatibility with semi-broken prefabs used in mods;
• Improved error handling in radio playback;
• Updated defaults for the Xbox 360 controller in the input wizard to provide a better initial experience.
• Scania Streamline improvements (model, textures, paint jobs, new parts and accessories) – you may need visit truck dealer and re-purchase some parts;
• Volvo FH16 improvements (interior, wipers, shadows);
• Iveco Hi-way improvements (dashboard computer, shadows);
• Paintjobs are properly applied on add-ons in interior views;
• Map improvements.
• V8 engine sounds for Scania R and Scania Streamline.
You can download the update right now by visiting the Euro Truck Simulator 2’s Update page